Monday 26 January 2015

Ferran's Map


Book Review: Ferran's Map
Title: Ferran's Map
Author: T. L. Shreffler
Series: The Cat's Eye Chronicles #4
Genre: YA Fantasy
Published: January  20th 2015

Format: ebook


Summary (Goodreads): 
A new enemy lurks in the shadows. The Shade, a fanatical cult of demonic assassins, is trying to resurrect the Dark God and unleash His power back into the world. In their wake, a deadly plague is spreading across the land.
Sora and her companions are the only ones who know of the plague’s true source. As the disease spreads, Sora must journey to the City of Crowns to retrieve The Book of the Named, her only hope of stopping The Shade. She and her companions arrive just in time for the winter solstice festival, a notorious two-weeks of fine wines, grand parties and legendary debauchery. Sora must don the guise of a noblewoman and infiltrate the First Tier nobility to stop The Shade before it’s too late.

Meanwhile, the assassin Crash is confronted by a ghost from his past. As he uncovers more of the Shade’s plot, he finds himself face-to-face with his old Grandmaster, the one who both trained and betrayed him. Can Crash lay to rest his past, or will he succumb to his inner demon and rejoin the man who once made him a killer?

Holy chocolate cake!!!! This book was like a chocolate cake it was sweet, fantastic and so good!! Okay I feel stupid comparing Ferran’s map with chocolate cake …. But then again chocolate cake is the best thing in the whole wide world and this book series is one of my favorite of all time!!
It gets better and better! 

The book was just amazing! I'm just too stunned to even figure out where to begin! There's so many emotions going on and too much in my head to write down but I try my best. Okay I knew there was something more than meets the eye with Ferran and it was a good surprise.
So much happened! My head is still spinning! So many characters development in the journey everything happened so quick @_@ !
Yet again, the plot was full of actions. It got everything! – Mystery, development, twist, love and action!

The story progressed so perfectly! And again I love the cover it's SO beautiful!


I loved all the POV in this one! When you are reading in one of the POV it always end with a cliff-hanger. Then you end up reading a different POV fast because you want to know what is going to happen from the previous storyline. However, the currently POV you were reading ends you just want to know what’s going to happened to that one and etc. – AMAZING!! I loved learning about everyone's story.

It was all so balanced not to much of each POV. Since the book is called Ferran's map I am so glad the main POV was him. It was awesome too get to know him and his past I liked him the first day Lori introduced us to him. Speaking of Lori can I say how much I respect her? She is one hard working caring mother but I do wish she would let others in a bit more but then again... I will not spoiled you but it broke my heart and I love Lori a lot more than before. 

I never read a series that took 4 books of slow building romance ever! AND I LOVE IT SO MUCH! Crash and Sora are so great together my heart is always melting when those two are together – I like their scene best!   [ Please don't keep them physically apart too much in the next book (hide spoiler)]In my mind, the series really contains two separate

Sora is still growing and I keep loving her more every time! She’s nothing like a person I read before! I have no word to describe her – just how incredible she is I guess.
She is become an awesome fighter! Sora and Crash have so many lovely moment and there’s one moment in the beginning of story that shows her innocent that was funny: […] "in fact, I enjoyed it." There. "Not that you asked. Or cared to ask." 
She tried not to sound bitter, but it was impossible to hide.”… “She turned to face him, trying not to show her nervousness. She could handle his rebuffs, his cold shoulder and even a mean word or two. But staring him in the face…this was hard.” that was quite funny to witness because Crash is SO serious.
Am so proud of her! I want to hug her!
 

OMG! I loved Crash and his demon relationship - they so funny together and interesting at the same time! Crash is still my favorite assassin I ever read/witness.
The tension between Sora and Crash is so adorable! They are so awkward together because Sora is young and quite inexperienced and Crash ALWAYS takes everything so seriously XD I love him for it! I love that Tristan can make Crash jealous… Wait what!!? :O. Another person can make Crash… Crash the heartless killer who doesn’t care about others - Can get JEALOUS! :O – Awesome! ;).  The assassin who was stone-faced and cold to everybody till this remarkable caring growing assassin who would gladly sacrifice himself and protect the ones he loves what a development!. Furthermore, it was cool to know more about him. How he felt about the Hive, his master, his powers, Sora and his lovely demon, which I am in love with! <3.

Burn wasn't really present in this book and it didn’t really bother me at all – there was so many others to be introduced to and see their past and struggling.
I still like Caprion a lot and if he is playing a double game I’m going to hit something really hard.  
I wanted to hit Krait all the time! She was completely loyal (brainwashed) to her master and I felt sorry for her – she won’t see the true and she shut down all the time then it’s there just in front her eyes. I really really really hope in “Krait's redemption” she will put her superego master servant to a stop join Sora team and kick some ass ;).

Shreffler really took a step further and I like that A LOT!! It is more serious now I love how this book is heading! It feel like a completely new adventure with different storyline.
This book series feel like its separate in some ways. Now it is all about Cerastes, The Shade and the Dark God.
I LOVED the massage in this book!!!:
We all have demons, Crash,” she said quietly.” … “Just remember what's in the past, and what's in your future. Remember who you are.”  Shreffler really showed us this theme in the perfect, stunning beautiful way possible in all the POV. I was mind-blowing!! – Just incredible!
“She felt the need to continue. “Some days we make mistakes,” she said gently. “We feel like we take a step backward, or even worse, like we aren’t true to ourselves. Sometimes, our lives change dramatically and yet we still feel stuck in the same place. But every day, we have the chance to start anew. ”... “We're all headed somewhere, and with each new day, we get a little better and a little wiser…”
I cried in this scene it’s was truly emotional and heart breaking. I end up reading this scene over, and over again. That was the best moment in the whole book!

I cannot thanks Shreffler enough for writing this series! It was worth waiting for and I’m so excited for the next one to come out!

If you haven’t read this series yet I don’t know what you been doing all these years! – So go find a peace of chocolate cake and a BIG large of thé and start this
remarkable, beautiful, loving, amazing, unique, stunning, breath-taking book series and enjoy! :D


5/5 Stars <3

No comments:

Post a Comment